Laboratory of Applied Ecology
Faculty of Agronomic Sciences (FSA)
University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC) Benin
Phone: (229) 97603527/ (229) 95715586
Address: BP 1651 Abomey-Calavi (Bénin)
e-mail:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD Student, University of Abomey-Calavi, Major: Soil Degradation and Natural Resources Management, Benin, 2009-Present MS, University of Abomey-Calavi, Major: Natural Resources Management (Forestry), Benin, 2009
Responsible, Forest Restoration Project in Bassila (North Benin), 1997-2000
Technical Supervisor, Agroforestry Project in Manigri (Benin), 2000-2002
Coordinator, Forest Management Project at Agoua, Mont Kouffè, and Wari-Maro (forest and wildlife aspects), Benin, 2002-2004 Research Assistant, Laboratory of Applied Ecology, University of Abomey Calavi, Bénin 2003- Present
Society for Conservation Biology
Assessment of soil degradation processes
Ethno botany and land degradation
Phytosociology of degraded ecosystems
Soil losses and runoff assessment of dongas (natural soil subsidence and slumpflation)
Local people perception of erosion and soil degradation (causes, needs, and preference for conservation, management and restoration actions)
Ecological restoration of degraded ecosystems
Seed collection and germination
Soil degradation assessment in W National Park and its peripheral
Degraded ecosystem restoration in W National Park and its peripheral
Seed collection (of what) and germination
Agroforestry and forest management
Restoration of degraded ecosystems
Local people perception on climate change
Modeling of soil erosion and runoff
2000- FAO training workshop “Market Analysis and Development (MA&D)” FAO Rome, Italy, September 30-October 10, 2000
2005- ICRAF training workshop “Domesticating high value trees for the African humid tropics” World Agroforestry Center ICRAF-Yaoundé Cameroun, October 8-20 2005.
2008- SUN training Workshop “Vegetation study methods harmonization” August 4-10 2008, Niamey, Niger
2008-SUN Workshop November 10-14 2008, Banfora, Burkina-Faso
2009- Regional Conservation Science-Policy Conference of Society of Conservation Biology on “from Conservation Science to Policy in Africa” January 28-30 2009, Legon, Ghana
2009- Joint Meeting of Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation & Society for Tropical Ecology on “Impacts of Global Change on Tropical Ecosystems”. July 27-30 2009, Marburg, Germany.
2009- Summer School. July 31- August 20 2009, Ville, Germany.
- Avakoudjo J, (2008) Soil degradation and degraded ecosystem rehabilitation in Northern Benin: Case study of W National Park and land use area in Karimama district (Benin). MSc in Forestry (Natural Resources Management)- Faculty of Agronomic Sciences (FSA) University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC) Benin. 77 p
- Avakoudjo J (1990) Study of some agro-forestry potential of several provenances of Leucaena leucocephala (LAM DE WIT) and Acacia auriculiformis (A. CUNN. AND BENTH) in southern Benin. Agronomist Thesis FSA / UAC. 155p
- Sounon M, Glèlè Kakaï R, Avakoudjo J, Assogbadjo A.E & Sinsin B (2009) Germination and growth test of Artemisia annua L. anamed on different substrate in Benin. International Journal of Biological and Chemical Sciences 3(2):337-346.
- Avakoudjo J, Kindomihou V, & Sinsin B (2009) Local population perception on erosion and soil degradation causes in Karimama (Benin) 1st Regional Meeting of Africa Section for Conservation Biology. Book of Programmes and Abstracts. Accra Ghana, Legon University of Ghana, 28-30 January 2009. P7.
- Avakoudjo J, Kindomihou V & Sinsin B (2009) Degraded Sudanian and Sudano-sahelian ecosystem rehabilitation: Woody spared species and their utilization in surrounded land use area of W National Park in Karimama district (northern Benin). 2nd Colloque of Sciences, culture and technology of the University of Abomey-Calavi on the topic : Contribution of research laboratory to the training of trainers and technologic, socioeconomic and cultural development of the countries. Abomey calavi, Benin, May 26-30 2009.
- Djodjouwin L, Gaoué O. G, Avakoudjo J & Sinsin B (2003) Enrichment plantation dynamics in riparian forests of Bassila region in Benin. In: Sokpon N, Sinsin B & Eyog-Matig O (eds). Proceedings of the II nd International Workshop on Integrated management of natural forests in tropical dry zones of West Africa. Parakou, Benin, June 25-29 2001. Faculty of Agronomics Sciences, University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin. ISSN 1659-651X, pp 13-26.